Installing Sod Roles
Sod Installation and Aftercare
How To Install Sod Rolls
It is important not to order or pick up your sod rolls until your area is prepped and ready to install.
- Begin installing sod along the longest straight line, such as a driveway or sidewalk.
- Work with whole pieces, laying them one at a time, end to end.
- Butt and push edges and ends against each other tightly. Stretch lightly. Avoid gaps or
- Sod can be easily cut using almost any knife, though a utility knife or linoleum knife is best.
- Stagger the joints in each row in a brick-like fashion.
- On slopes, place sod across (perpendicular) to the slope, not horizontally with the slope.
- Work to smooth out any wrinkles in the sod. Pat sod carefully into place, so there aren’t any
air pockets between soil and sod.
- Once a roll is unrolled, just slide it into place on the soil… It is much easier than lifting!
- It’s best to start in an area that is further away and work towards you; this prevents you from
walking repeatedly on fresh sod that you just laid.
- Avoid walking on the sod as you lay it, and rake out any footprints you make in soil as you
After installing the turf you can choose to roll the entire area to improve sod/soil contact and to remove air pockets. Due to the clay compact soils, Korby Sod does not roll and allows the weight of watering to compact over time. The visible seams will go away in a few short weeks.
WATER IMMEDIATELY AFTER INSTALLATION FOR 30 to 60 MINUTES!!
We Serve More Than Just Colorado
Our Colorado-based sod farm serves more than just the Colorado front range!
Our sod services spread into Wyoming, South Dakota, New Mexico and more.
Get a Free Sod Quote Today
Happy to Help! (970) 568-7633
Wellington: (970) 568-7633 (Phone or Text)
Denver: (720) 262-3818 (Phone or Text)
Toll Free: (844) 285-5606.
Top Notch sod Delivery, sod installation, Professional Experience, Convenient Pickup Service.